Showing kindness, doing justice and serving those in need.
A just world where all people can fulfill their basic needs.
OUR STATEMENT OF SHARED VALUES
Professionalism: We set high standards for knowledge, wisdom and ethics within the organization benefitting clients, colleagues and the community.
Quality: We set the highest standard for quality services based on our goal for continuous improvement in all that we do.
People: We value employees, clients and the community for every human has their own intrinsic worth.
Diversity: We respect those who are different from ourselves and are unified by our shared mission.
Faith-Based: We serve all people with an attitude of compassion and caring illustrating God’s love in all that we do.
Each year, Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest provides:
- 350,000+ service hours to individuals at home
- Respite for more than 1,000 individuals in need
- Nearly 90,000 meals in Pima County
- Resettlement for more than 1,000 refugees in Maricopa and Pima Counties
- Temporary shelter for homeless women and case management services that help dozens secure housing, employment and education
- Food and vital resources for over 58,000 working poor (SNAP, rent and utility assistance, financial literacy)
- 170+ hours of parenting classes, 12,000 referrals to resources, and 1,500+ books to children under 5
- Loving and caring foster homes for children and adults with developmental disabilities