We have several basic groups of people that might be listed or referred to: pastors/staff, adult members, and youth. Information of concern includes names, email addresses, phone numbers and photos. Home addresses are never posted.
- For pastors/staff, we list names, email addresses (usually office emails), and office phone numbers.
- For adult members, we often list names when they are a contact for some group or activity that we are featuring on the Web site. We do not list email addresses unless they have specifically given permission. We do not list phone numbers unless they have specifically given permission. It is assumed that other members have the church directory or can call the office for phone numbers.
- For youth and children, we do not list names, first or last. We also do not list addresses, email addresses or phone numbers. Photo captions do not include their names. This is for their own protection.
When using photos of Ascension Lutheran Church events, attendees, or members – either directly on the Web site or in our photo albums – we use the following guidelines.
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo. If we know someone is shy about such things, we ask them before posting the photo.
- We don’t put names as captions with photos (except for pastors/staff or other members who have given expressed written consent)
- We will gladly provide credit for who took a particular photo if desired by the photographer, and we would certainly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions.
- We will gladly remove any photo immediately upon request.
In any case, if you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, we would be glad to do so. Just notify the webmaster at email@example.com with the details.
Please be aware, that while we never post home addresses, there are a number of websites that provide white pages, or extensive listings of mailing addresses based on people’s names.